TERMS & CONDITIONS
ADVERSE WEATHER & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- The swimming instructor and the pool authority reserve the exclusive rights to cancel or postpone the swimming lesson in bad weather conditions for safety reasons.
- Due to any unforeseen circumstances, once a swimming lesson has commenced and has to be called off in the middle of a lesson, land-drills exercise, water safety theory or Q&A session may be conducted in replacement of the usual practical lessons such as but not limited to if the weather is not suitable to continue any pool-based lesson. Student may also choose to end the class and forfeit the time lost.
ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP POLICY (REVISED!)
For ALL TYPES OF CLASSES
- There will be NO make-up lesson, compensations or extensions for absenteeism, late coming & no show. Lesson will carry on as long as pool is open.
- There will be no compensation or make up lesson if pool is close due to bad weather or any natural disaster that is out of the school’s control. However, the instructor will standby to continue the lesson as soon as the pool is deemed safe for swimming. Lesson will be conduct as usual under drizzling rain condition.
- If bad weather occurs after the class has begun, instructor will conduct land drills/ Q&A or other activities until the rain subsides. Student may also choose to end the class and forfeit the time lost.
*There will be NO make-up or future class extensions for such time lost.
For Group Class
- There will be NO make-up lesson, compensations or extensions for absenteeism, late coming & even for bad weather.
Lessons will be conducted as per scheduled, any absentees will forfeit that lesson missed. Again, there will be NO make-up lesson, compensations or extensions for absenteeism, late coming, no show & even for bad weather.
- The school will try ensuring that every class progresses at the same stage. Thus, the school will re-allocate students to a more suitable class at any point of time.
- Student will be responsible to register and pay for their test fee.
- The school reserves the right to postpone the start date of any new class for up to 4 weeks if the class size does not meet minimum requirement.
- The school reserves the right to merge different classes of similar level if class size is less than minimum requirement.
For Private & Private-Group Class
- Cancellation to be done 1-day or at least 2 hours in advance (for bad weather or if feeling unwell). After which make-up lessons will have to be arranged directly and in favour to the instructor. (Student has to inform the instructor for postponement latest by Friday if lesson falls on weekends. Instructor may not be able to answer call/sms as they are usually engaged during the weekend).
*If instructor has arrived at the venue, is considered as 1 lesson. Any last minute cancellation will not be entertained.
*There will be NO make-up lesson, compensations or extensions for absenteeism, no show, late coming & even for bad weather half way through the lesson.
- Cancellation is entertained only 1x per term (4 lessons), regardless of reasons. Student is responsible to arrange make up lesson if lesson is cancelled. 2nd & subsequent cancellations will include 50% of the lessons fee. We encourage make-up by rescheduling of lessons to avoid cancellation charges. This subjects to instructor’s availability, if unable to agree to a time & day for make-up, cancellation charges applies.
- Temporary Discontinuation:
Student is required to place a one month deposit + $20 to reserve their instructor’s slot if they need to temporary discontinue the swimming lessons for more than a month.
For Private-Group Lesson only
Lessons will be conducted as per scheduled, absentees are to forfeit any lesson missed. Private-Group may also decide to arrange for make-up lesson or cancel the class all together if necessary. *Above T&C for bad weather & cancellations charges apply
Bad Weather Conditions (Lightning Risk or Haze)
Lessons will carry on as long as pool is open.
All Sports Singapore facilities will close & stop all outdoor activities when lightning risk alert has been activated or if PSI hits 200. Lightning risk system is controlled by NEA. There will be NO make-up lesson, compensations or extensions.
*Close due to bad weather conditions = lesson forfeited + no make-up
Public Holidays & 5th Week Break
There will be NO lessons on all National Public Holidays and on days which falls on 5th week of the month
*5th week breaks: If there are 5 weeks in a particular month, the rest day shall be arranged by the instructor
Private / Private-Group: Every 1st lesson of the month (4 lessons) by Cash or Cheque payable to “Little Fins Swim School”
Group class: By per term (3 months) by Cash or Cheque payable to “Little Fins Swim School”
After payment has been made, lesson will commence immediately as agreed. Slots will only be reserved for maximum of One (1) month.
After a period of one (1) month and student is unable to start lesson, fees will be forfeited and slot will be released.
Student’s slot will be released if payment is not made by one week after payment week.
Student is required give at least 2 weeks’ notice to withdraw from swimming lessons.
Refund & Fee Transfer Policy
Fees are not refundable. Fees are not transferable to any third parties.
Swimming Instructor under attachment
New Coaches will be attached to your classes from time to time without prior notice. This is to help them familiarise with you or/and your child(ren) in the event of future unforeseen circumstances.
Relief of Swimming Instructor
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the rights to send a relief swimming instructor should your swimming instructor be unavailable.
Student is required to have the necessary swimming equipment such as but not limited to swimming attire, goggles, kick board, swim cap.
We will not be held responsible for any claims arising out of any injury, damage, loss of personal belongings or any loss of life while attending this course and this includes all cost, and expenses incurred as a result of such claims.
Little Fins Swim School reserves the right to alter terms and conditions without prior notice.