Your child will be required to perform strokes with greater ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over 400 metres. Rescue skills and water safety knowledge will focus on lifesaving readiness. Standing dive and advanced personal water survival skills will continue to be taught.
1) ENTRY & EXIT: Standing Dive
2) SCULLING & BODY POSITION: 60sec thread water (legs only)
3) UNDERWATER SKILLS: [1.8m depth] Recover object & equalise ear/nose
4) SWIMMING STROKES:
100m Breast stroke
100m Back stroke
100m Side stroke
5) SURVIVAL SKILLS:
Wear long pants & long sleeve shirt
-5m underwater swim (escape boat), 45m fast swim
-50m swim, (survival back/breaststoke) occasionally signalling for help
-Remove clothing in deep water, fit PFD while threading water, swim 100m.
-Demostrate HELP technique (mushroom float) & climb out of water while wearing PFD. (HELP = Heat Escaping Lessening Posture)
6) RESCUE SKILLS: 10m Non-contact tow rescue
7) KNOWLEDGE: Principles of rescue